Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cast of Characters

Me: I'm a bookish nerd who buys books instead of paying the gas bill, a procrastinating grad student with a mile long to-do list, a hopelessly naive liberal who wants to change the world, a bra-waving feminist rebelling against my Baptist upbringing, a giggly flirt who likes to show off her goods, a Cancerian nester who loves World Market and Pier 1, and a sarcastic and blasphemous comic with a filthy mind.

Cali Friend: I met Cali Friend last year when I moved to a new city to begin my graduate studies. We hit it off immediately, and she helped me through the most difficult year of my short life. Cali Friend has had trials of her own, but is always there to be a shoulder to cry on. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her.

Medi Friend: Medi Friend is currently in medical school. We met through a mutual friendship with Cali Friend, and the two of them have become my best friends in the New City.

Dog Child: My beloved labradoodle, who loves to lick away food crumbs and tears. She will sometimes appear in the blog as "20% of my disposable income."

Dog Niece: Cali's own labradoodle, a half-sister to Dog Child.

Mama: I'm from the south, so it's Mama, not "mom" or "mother." We've had disagreements, of course, but I worship the ground she walks on.

Daddy: See above for note about Southern tradition of naming parental units. He's a hardworking, decent man, but nevertheless, he has ended up as a therapy topic several times already.

Little Sister: I use the term ironically for my sibling who was born five years later, but has decided to grow seven inches taller than me.

Favorite Cousin-In-Law: Although we are technically of no genetic relation at all, I consider her my older sister. She gives great advice and is always willing to lend an ear to listen to the trials of my warped life. She and my cousin are married with three kids, all of whom I adore and attempt to spoil whenever possible.

Voldemort: My ex-boyfriend. He told me he loved me, I told him I loved him. I was telling the truth. He wasn't. Sadly, we share a relatively small social circle, so I have to see him. This does not mean, however, that I can't give him the nickname of Harry Potter's evil and only partially human nemesis. Still working on the forgiveness thing.



This Cast of Characters will grow as I mention people already in my life, or meet new ones (preferably hot, male ones, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment